About Akelius

Akelius buys, upgrades and manages residential properties. The company owns 49,000 apartments in Sweden, Germany, France, Canada, England, the United States and Denmark.

Akelius focuses on residential properties in attractive cities with strong growth and potential of upgrading. 91 per cent of the apartments are located in cities with more than one million inhabitants such as Berlin, Hamburg, Munich, Paris, London, Toronto, Montreal, New York, Boston, Washington, Stockholm and Copenhagen. Akelius is the largest listed real estate company in Sweden. The property holdings amount to EUR 12 billion.

Akelius Foundation owns 85 per cent of Akelius Residential Property AB through Akelius Apartments Ltd. The purpose is charity. Akelius is the world’s largest donor to SOS Children Villages. The remaining 15 per cent of the shares are owned by Xange Ltd, Giannis Beta Ltd and 17,000 preference shareholders.

World leading in upgrading apartments

An important part of Akelius concept is Better Living. This means that Akelius currently upgrades residential units to First Class, corresponding to a quality level with newly constructed co-operative apartments. Akelius only upgrades vacant apartments.

Akelius is among the best in the world to upgrade apartments and public areas. Every year Akelius renovates 4,000 apartments for EUR 200 million. Akelius also renovate facades, staircases, entrances and courtyards of the properties. No other real estate company upgrades at the same pace.

The apartments are fitted with parquet flooring and quality kitchens and bathrooms, inlcuding high quality appliances, sanitary porcelain, recqified tiles and clinkers.

The concept Better Living also includes an excellent service. Akelius wants the tenants to feel safe in and near their home.

First class personnel

First-class performance requires top-notch staff. Training takes place in the Akelius University. Akelius shall be the leading real estate company in the world when it comes to personnel with a relevant and good education. Hundreds of employees have graduated in Residential Real Estate from Akelius University.

More than 1,200 persons work within the company today.